Travel Insurance costs

I posted this in tavel but though it would be better here.

I am going on holiday in may and got a couple of quotes for insurance.

They started off at Post office £53 and Boots £40.99

When I then explained my sons heart condition (corrected with open heart surgery at 6days old) the Post Office went up to £128 but Boots stayed at £40.99. It was all declared and included.

How can one underwriter charge so much more for something the other one doesn't have a problem with?
04:11 Sun 20th Feb 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by cassa333. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I suppose one looked at the risks and thought they were minimal and the other thought there was increased risk.