Fridge temperature setting

My fridge has a wheel to set the temperature, marked from 1 to 7.

Which setting is the coldest, 1 or 7?
23:47 Thu 10th Jul 2008

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Panic Button. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

i would say 7...but i guess it must vary from fridge to fridge!

mine has a scale of 1-5, and 5 was too cold (it was working like a freezer) so it's now set to 3

what make and model do you have?
7
highest is colder but you'll see how cold items are in the fridge. I set mine on 5 & it starts to freeze certain things, it runs fine on 4.5 setting (need to very it during hot/cold weather) because of the heat in your kitchen
Ta.

It's an small un-named built in fridge, that struggles to keep cool in hot weather.

'er indoors set it to 1, thinking it would be as cold as possible, and I got myself all confused on whether the numbers were degrees centigrade.