Most people looking to take a step onto the housing ladder would even buy a house said to be haunted, it has been claimed. Research from a leading high street bank has found that more than half of first-time buyers would pick up a property despite it already having residents of a paranormal kind.
It added that two-fifths would try and get a lower price for the property, while 30 per cent would prefer to take a house with skeletons in its closet.
In fact, less than one in five (19 per cent) said that supernatural stories would make them reconsider an offer, and more than a quarter said they would be even more likely to view a haunted house out of curiosity.
However, it may be difficult for people to take out a home insurance policy by claiming that the house is haunted.
"It could prove a little trickier to spot a supernatural problem with your potential property. Doing your research in the local area can really pay off when it comes to negotiating a sale price," said the head of retail for the bank.
How to spot if you home is haunted:
• Listen for any other voices or noises if you are home alone. You will most likely hear these sounds in the distance.
• Check to see if you ever find doors opened or closed when you are certain the door wasn't positioned like that before.
• Discover if items are disappearing and reappearing. Look in a certain spot for something that is always there; if it's not, keep your eyes open.
• Check for unexplained shadows. This means you might be seeing shapes and shadows from the corner of your eye.
• Notice if you feel like you're being watched or touched by someone or something that isn't visible. For example, something might brush up against your arm when you are standing in an empty room.
• Pay attention to cold spots as some believe that this means there is a ghost in the room.
If you would like to know more about property buying why not ask AnswerBank Home and Garden.
If you would like to view search results for Property For Sale click here.
1 min ago
Books & Authors
4 mins ago
9 mins ago
9 mins ago
Religion & Spirituality
74 mins ago
80 mins ago