All the cold taps are running fine but zero from the hot taps. The upstairs cylinder is hot. Any idea wots up?
18:08 Wed 15th Jun 2011
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by potty64. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

seems like an air lock situation.
Hi scotman, Maybe - so how do I correct it?
without knowing more about your water system it is difficult to give appropriate advice. With luck a plumber will pick up this thread and help you more.
Turn hot water tap on,go to your static tank and blow down expansion pipe.
............... or, blow up the hot tap .......................... seems to be an epidemic of airlocks lately :o(
If there is a tank in the loft space, then maybe the ball cock has seized and there is no water to feed into your cylinder, I'd check the loft first..