No insulation in council house...

Just wondered if anyone knows whether the council need to sort this or I do? Currently out of work and discovered that my loft has NO insulation. I'm in a Victorian property that the council rent me through a private sector scheme - basically they rent from someone and rent to me.
Any ideas? I thought they were supposed to make sure these places were up to scratch?
Cheers peeps
12:42 Fri 24th Sep 2010

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Schlomo78. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Have a look on this site here as it may be beneficial to you

http://www.freeinsula...c2LoKQCFcH-2Aodk1W56A
speak to the landlord to see if they have plans to insulate. There are no requirements for properties to be insulated though so i dont see why the council should have to do it.
have you considered seeing if you can get a grant towards it? also some DIY stores were selling insulation very cheaply recently though im not sure if they still are.
have you looked into a warm front grant? it you recieve means tested or disability benefits you might be entitled to help insulating. i think it would be a right pain to have to pay to insulate someone sleses house, but it would benefit you in the long run.
If you live in a council owned property, then they should provide the insulation! and as you're claiming benefits anyway, they should be able to obtain a grant to help with the cost anyway!..........Speak to them!............They can sort it for you!.............