Can memory foam lose it's memory

We have just got to buy a new double mattress. I hear a lot about memory foam but they have not been around all that long, so I am a bit douibtful. Are there any users out there who can advice on the pros and cons.
Thanks for any help Almendros
12:39 Mon 25th Apr 2011

joko
Best Answer
i have jheard too much heat, such as an electric blanket, can eventually 'reshape' the foam bubbles etc - i use a topper with one and so far its fine...
12:44 Mon 25th Apr 2011 Go To Best Answer

Everything wears out eventually. 5-8 years max for a memory foam mattress.
ditto on the topper. It has made a difference.
Hi , thanks for your answers but I dont think my mattress is good enough to support a topper .
So I will just go to the old fashioned kind. Ref your remark JOKO I am very hot in bed so my wife says, so the bubbles wouldnt know what hit them
I've had my memory foam mattress topper for about 3-4 years. I love it, and it looks the same as it always did!
We've had our MF mattress for three or four years now and it's the most comfortable thing I've ever slept on. Seriously thinking of getting a topper for the caravan, however.
Love love love our memory foam mattress. Its now 6 years old and good as new. It was a tempur though so arm and a leg time
Just 5 to 8 years ?!? Darned expensive item for such a short lifetime. I'd have expected many times that.
I'm not buying one again ! Our Aupair's body shape was ingrained into it and the Wife was not happy !!
I'd like to know where that information comes from...I bet ours lasts longer than that.
Hi Redman, how sad, I suggest you take the lower position next time