Raspberry Canes

After fruiting when do I prune my canes
19:56 Mon 11th Jul 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by john1066. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I guess not too late into the autum / winter as you don't want the frost to get at them.
I do mine in the spring.
I used to do mine as soon as they finished fruiiting as it made it easier to tie in the new ones
Ours have just finished fruiting so we will prune as soon as we come back from holiday in a couple of weeks. Makes the new ones easier to tie-in - leaving them until spring could encourage disease and pests. We've had a fantastic crop, have you?