Indoor plants that flies don't like

We are getting lots of flies in our conservatory and I was wondering if anyone knows of any plants that flies don't like. So far I've read about mint and basil..does anyone know of any others. I was wondering about Lavender but not sure if that can go inside. Thanks if you've any ideas.
14:05 Sun 26th Jun 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by barb1314. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I've got lavender plants on the window sill. They really do help keep away flies etc.
Brilliant Pixi.Not thought of them...ugly things though :-)
I love lavender so might give that a try. Then I'll get all the bees too!
Marigolds give off a scent that keep bugs and flys away but not the slugs and snails
You and em need to get together.:-

http://www.theanswerb.../Question1031210.html

Ron.
I have a large pot of lavender on my windowsill, think it helps with keeping flies away, and it really does smell lovely!..............
Oh, and I have lemon balm too!...........not sure whether it repels flies, but it smells lovely too!............
Pyrethrum plant
I don't think anyone has told the flies that they are supposed not to like basil. I have a large pot of it on the kitchen windowsill and still get flies.