External Painting

Do I need to seal or otherwise treat; a plain brick external wall prior to painting it?
TIA
10:13 Sat 21st May 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by daginge. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Usually a good idea to give it a scrub with some diluted bleach, Daggers. That'll get rid of any moss, mould etc. Modern paints don't need anything more than a diluted coat (paint) to start off.
Sealers and stabilisers only if the background is friable (flaky).
Thanks for that TB. Another one for you ;-)
What's the chance I have a back boiler but didn't know it was there?