newspapers

WAS THERE A LOCAL NEWSPAPER IN THE 1940s FOR KENTISH TOWN LONDON AREA,MANY THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
23:27 Thu 22nd Mar 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by claybury. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I'm sure there was. When I was young, in the 1950s, there seemed to be a local paper for each (pre GLC) London Borough. I think that, in the 1940s, Kentish Town was in St Pancras near the border with Hampstead.
I haven't studied this link in detail http://www.camden.gov...BB092A3D2BA52003D27FF but it may give you some leads. Could you enquire at Camden Public Libraries?
I think the Ham & High covers Kentish Town, and is still going.

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/home

They probably have archives available.