Gaming computer help

http://www.computerpl...ing/gx1000/step6.html

Just built that computer, dont know much about required specs for gaming but how well will that computer run games? Im looking to play resonably high end graphics games but can settle for medium.

Thankyou
21:56 Tue 28th Feb 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Neocubes. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Why not just download demos to put it to the test?
That link doesn't work
http://www.dinopc.com...4100-USB3-94p1201.htm

There sorry, I'd be upgrading the graphics card to AMD radeon hd 6770
Customizations:

CPU:  NEW! AMD FX 4100 Black Edition

Included

Operating System:  Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Included

Motherboard:  NEW! Gigabyte 880GM-USB3

Included

Memory:  8GB DDR3 1333mhz (2x 4GB)

Included

Hard Drives:  500GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s

Included

Optical Drive:  22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA

Included

Graphics card:  AMD Radeon HD 6790 1GB

£28.50

Sound card:  Onboard 7.1 Audio

Included

Case:  Xigmatek Asgard

Included

PSU:  400W Xigmatek

Included

Warranty:  3 Year Platinum Warranty

Included

Product Subtotal:
I'm very out of touch with PC specs but the graphics card seems very cheap.
As I said before download some demos and put it to the test or Google PC benchmarking and download and run one of those.
Mattk I haven't actually bought the computer yet...I'm debating whether to get it or not.
I read that you had 'Just built that computer'.
I build my shopping in much the same way.
Okay
Mostly fine for a mid-range gaming machine. Personally I would lay out a bit more for a better GPU, say a GTX 560 or a AMD 6870 because it's the GPU that's going to be the main differentiator when it comes to the performance you're going to get as games these days are more GPU bound than CPU. Also, I'd pay the extra tenner to upgrade to a 500W power supply as this will give you additional upgrade headroom going forward.

The two GPUs I've mentioned will comfortably handle most recent titles at mid to high settings based on a standard 1080p resolution.
Thanks mobius