Pasta alla carbonara, is a delicious Italian pasta dish, however the version we have here in England isn’t very authentic, a true Italian recipe has no cream and is very delicious. However cream adds a touch of luxury, goes perfectly with bacon and makes the sauce wonderfully smooth.
Pasta carbonara is a wonderfully quick and easy recipe, perfect for busy families. This recipe saves time on cooking so you have more time to sit down together and have a family meal everyone can enjoy.
- 350g fresh tagliatelle pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 225g of ham or bacon
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 75ml single cream
- 2 tbsp of grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large sauce pan of water to the boil, and cook pasta according to instructions on packet.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook ham for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Stir in the garlic.
- Lightly beat the eggs and cream together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it well and return to pan, stir in the ham and garlic.
- Pour in the egg and cream mix adding half the cheese, and stir well.
- Pile on a serving plate and sprinkle cheese on top.