Mint choc chip is a childhood favourite, wonderful green minty ice cream filled with chocolate chips. Mint, chocolate and cream goes beautifully, so embrace these delicious flavours and make the most of them in a slightly more grown up way, mint choc chip cheesecake. A very yummy cake that the whole family could enjoy together, if you’re willing to share.
- 120g Oreo biscuits
- 85g unsalted butter
- 5tbsp caster sugar
- 600g of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 250g of caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 280ml of sour cream
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tsp peppermint extract
- ¼ tsp green food colouring
- 200g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line and grease a 23cm spring form cake pan.
- Blend the chocolate biscuit in a food processor, until they become crumbs, mix in the butter and sugar and firmly press the mixture on the bottom of the cake pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, flour and sugar together. Add the eggs one at a time, beating them into the mix, then beat food colouring, sour cream and peppermint in until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pour the mix into the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake for 45 minutes, leave to cool then refrigerate for at least 4 hours, overnight is best.