Hunters Chicken........................Has anyone got a good recipe for this dish

please.? I had it the first time fromTesco's but would like to make my own.
23:43 Mon 05th Mar 2012

Im a BusyBee
Best Answer
hunters chicken is a regular in our house i make it by stuffing a chicken breast with cheese then wrapping in bacon, i always used to cook it with bbq sauce but we have since decided we like the sauce separate at the table. No recipe needed as it is really straight forward.
12:25 Wed 14th Mar 2012 Go To Best Answer

From the h2g2 website (which is part of the BBC):
http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/plain/A706051

But as long as you've got chicken breasts, bacon, cheese and barbecue sauce, it's hard to go wrong making Hunter's Chicken anyway!
I bought that Tescos Hunters Chicken for the first time recently and it WAS really tasty! I will try and make my own now too, thanks for recipe link Chris.
Barbecue sauce???....Not in any Hunters chicken I've seen,if by 'hunters' you mean Chicken Cacciatore.
Here's a god recipe...

http://www.italiantra...icken_cacciatore.html

Pollo alla Cacciatora (Chicken Cacciatore) is a very popular Italian dish. Pollo alla cacciatora (Chicken Cacciatore) is a traditional Italian recipe for a classic dish of chicken cooked in a tomato and white wine. "Alla Cacciatora" translates into "Hunter's Style." Pollo alla cacciatora is a very nice Italian dish to make towards the end of Autumn or the beginning of winter.

Serves: 2

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions (finely chopped)
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
400grams can peeled plum tomatoes (chopped)
225grams button mushrooms (sliced)
1 red pepper (diced)
1 green pepper (diced)
1 bay leaf
1 sprig thyme
200ml white wine
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)

Method:

1. Heat olive oil in a heavy-based pan.

2. Add the onions and garlic.

3. Fry the onions and garlic until golden-brown.

4. Add the chicken breasts.

5. Brown chicken breasts on all sides.

6. Add the tomatoes.

7. Add the mushrooms.

8. Add the herbs.

9. Add the wine.

10. Lower the heat.

11. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

12. Partially cover and cook on a very low heat for about one hour, turning the chicken occasionally.
Isn't Hunters chicken the same as Chicken chasseur? ( chasseur meaning chaser ) ?
Many thanks for your replies. I had never heard of Hunters chicken before. But as I said I got one from Tesco one day for quickness and it was beautiful. It was made with wine, because you could taste it. and it had black olives in it. Although I will not put those in. Also could taste smoked bacon and a bar b que sauce. I will try your recipes , both of them. thanks again. x
i do my 'hunters chicken' with 3 cheeses on pre cooked breast wrapped in bacon and drizzled with barbeque sauce-sure fred quick tea hit!