Fresh cream cake

Sorry i am absolutley polluting this section tonight but im on a roll.

I get a cake here locally
A cream ring.

What is the "dough" its almost like a roll or a bap ...its not pastry..

Topped with icing or coconut and sandwiched with fresh cream....? Drives me ad as id love to make it.

I may even buy one and upload a pic to show you what its like so some of you experts can tell me! X
02:13 Mon 27th Feb 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by tinkerbell23. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

It might be the same dough they use for these Tinks x

http://www.bbcgoodfoo...mon-pecan-sticky-buns
Looks promising...see if it is i will love you forever!!!

Theyre aaaamazing x
Lol I know exactly the things you are talking about. They are definitely a yeasted dough so hopefully thats the one xx
Only thing is....these are really really pale aswell not golden brown x
I think the ones in the recipe I have given you are brown because of the cinnamon, brown sugar and nuts. If you omit all that they should be paler. xx
ask the baker you nice person
Good thinking voddy!

Flob....they wouldnt say i dont think....its a family run bakers in the local town and the town next.... Yummy xx
Im determined to work out how to make my two fave things from there ...... If it takes to uploading piccies i will xx
they are known as Devonshire splits