watery quiche

why does my quiche always turn out to be watery, even though it's well cooked?
18:31 Thu 01st May 2008

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by mata hati. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

What are you putting in it ?...sometimes, if you put uncooked mushrooms in there, they will release too much water and i presume the egg mix is just pure eggs...no milk or water added ?
Usually just 3 eggs, 3/4 pt milk and grated cheese with a little mustard.
Perhaps it's the milk .. it can separate and go watery .. ..use cream ..not so healthy but it will set firm .
Use less milk - is it whole milk, or semi, etc? Use more egg or more cheese. Personally I would use less milk. You could experiment with cooking slower (ie longer) at a lower heat, or shorter at a higher heat.
Did we forget to switch on the oven?
MISTER Veritas thats just silly - dont be so sexist - do you even know what an oven is ???
Thanks all for the other answers - I am using semi skimmed milk - but will definately try cream instead - you can get low fat fake cream to cook with, dont know why I never thought of it before - and yes perhaps I am cooking on to high a heat (200�C) as well - so will take all suggestions on board and thanks so much for your help
You just need a dash of milk or cream...i don't use any at all just like i don't when i make scrambled eggs
At the risk of being branded a food snob, I would suggest it may be the eggs .... try some barn or organic, and I bet your quiche will set better...... son't know the science bit though!