Herring milts

Bought some herring milts on a whim and discovered they were the 'reproductive organs of fish containing reproductive fluid'. Nice.

So the question is now that that I've bought my fish sp*nk does anyone know any good recipes for it.

17:48 Wed 14th Sep 2005

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by LordyGeordie. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

pull off any bits of membrane and rinse in cold water gently dust lightly in seasoned flour, then shallow fry gently in a mixture of butter and oil till coating is golden. Drain, dress with lemon juice or vinegar and pepper, a little salt if you like and enjoy. Nice served on hot toast

alternatively search on "recipes for soft herring roes" and here's a http://www.foodtv.ca/recipes/recipedetails/recipe_3944.asp

posh one to start you off

My neighbour buys them she boils them in with a knob of butter in salted water and eats them on toast .
Or apparantley you can toss them in seasoned flour and fry them yum yum !!!!!! not!