Baking bread

I would like to bake some soft bread rolls and loaves but they always seem to go too hard and crusty
How can I stop that
09:51 Sun 26th Feb 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Ric.ror. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Place a bowl of water in the bottom of the oven when you bake your bread; this will produce a steamier atmosphere and a softer crust.
Also, immediately cover the loaves when you take them out of the oven with a very damp tea towel to produce the steam effect.

Worth a try.
Make your dough a bit softer (ie. more water or milk) The t-towel is a must.
thank you for your answers