Coconut milk substitute

Hi all, I quite fancy making this curry

http://www.bbcgoodfoo...room-and-potato-curry

OH doesn't really like coconut milk, what do you think I could replace it with, don't want it too runny either.

Thanks for any replies.
19:48 Sat 28th Jan 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by rockyracoon. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Would he eat a small amount of shredded coconut, and just use the same amount of water instead?
Doubt he would even notice it was in there!
Skimmed ordinary milk - maybe slightly watered down?
Plain yogurt
Double cream. If he likes the taste of coconut you could add a bit of coconut essence to the cream.
low fat fromage frais.
Thanks for your answers, he doesn't really like anything to creamy or coconutty come to that, do you think a bit of low fat yoghurt would work, I think I've used that in a Tikka Massala before.
marscapone
You can use low fat creme fraiche, I have used that in curries. I've never tried low fat yoghurt, but I would assume it should be fine
Thanks to you all, I'm trying to eat healthy at the moment ,don't know how long it will last for though!
Yoghurt would work fine, I put it in my beef Dopiaza with no problems.
natural yoghurt would be fine.
Natural yoghurt would be best.