Vegetable Shortening

I have looked locally for this but no one sells it, can anyone help in where I can find some.
05:45 Thu 08th Dec 2011
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by alid5. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

1 to 15 of 15

Have had a quick look, Amazon seem to sell it, free UK delivery.
Trex is vegetable shortening

You can buy Crisco on eBay - 2 tins for a tenner. Free delivery. Crisco is American
Question Author
Thanks guys, have found out asda sell trex :)
All supermarkets do =)
Question Author
Local Sainsburys dont sell it, now I have a name I will have to try the rest of the supermarkets
Cookeen is another brand name you could find. I saw it in my local Sainsburys on Tuesday.
It's not a huge seller in my local Morrisons, always some on the shelf, luckily for me =)

What are you baking?
just top n tail them, hey presto, shorter vegetables
Question Author
Found Trex in tesco, now I have to find Dried Milk Powder (full cream) nearest stockist iv found is 50 miles away bit of a journey!
Question Author
Thanks to every1 for the help, never thought of doing that chillwalk,going to make homemade chocolate ojread2, my local sainsburys only sells lard not cookeen.
mmmm home made chocolate, yummy

Dried milk powder should be pretty easy to find - Marvel is the brand name easily available
Question Author
Had to buy Marvel but its made from skimmed milk, recipe asks for full cream, but il try it anyway and see how it works out.
There's this on eBay - or Amazon is even bigger pack @ £22
OOps forgot the link ... the stuff's called Nido - it's by Nestle
Question Author
can you print the link please venator

1 to 15 of 15

Related Questions

Hi - I have a new cake tin! The instructions say that I should grease it with vegetable shortening - not butter, marg, lard or any other fat! Does any one know is something like TREX vesgetable fat or...
can anybody tell me the difference between america's cristco vegetable shortening and british cookeen or trex thankyou
Here's the recipe I promised...sorry it is all in cups-but easy enough to measure if you have a 8oz measuring cup. To measure the 1/2 c of butter-fill the measuring cup halfway with water-then add...
Here in the Southern US - real Southern cooks don't really use a recipe to make cornbread. Some put a little sugar in it and some put an egg or two in it - but they all use a screaming hot cast iron...
Hi There, I have a recipe for Buttercream icing and it's from America. It says to use Vegetable Shortening. What is this and what purpose does it serve. Also can you flavour and colour this type of...

Latest posts