Making caster sugar

Can I use a blender or other kitchen aid to make caster sugar from ordinary granulated sugar? Thanks.
13:39 Tue 06th Dec 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by derrynoose. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I used my magimix to make some in an emergency
blitz in the blender but sieve it through a fine sieve to get rid of the unblitzed grains the time and effort means you might as well pop to the corner shop for the proper stuff
You can if you have one of those high powered hand blenders, but a trip to the shops is a lot cheaper.
Blend past the caster sugar stage and you are left with icing sugar.