Turnips or Swedes

Same question crops up every Burns Night, I grew up eating large field turnips, purplish skin and orange inside and used to carve them out at Halloween. Ones you get in supermarkets nowadays that are called swedes are minute in size and bland in taste.
08:27 Thu 26th Jan 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by alid5. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

First Previous 1 2

Brownish outside, Orange inside Swedes; white/purple outside, white inside turnips. South of England/East Anglia
Orange flesh - swede . Smaller and white flesh - turnip. (Yorkshire)!

First Previous 1 2