ChatterBank0 min ago
Things Mothers Say
We have all heard our Mothers saying, or possibly shouting, these phrases to us over the years. How it rings true...
• Money does not grow on trees.
• Don't make that face or it'll stay that way.
• If I talked to my mother like you talk to me....
• Always change your underwear; you never know when you'll have an accident.
• Be careful or you'll put your eye out.
• What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?
• You have enough dirt behind those ears to grow potatoes!
• Close that door! Were you born in a barn?
• If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
• Don't put that in your mouth; you don't know where it's been!
• Be careful what you wish for, it might come true.
• Don't eat those; they will stunt your growth.
• If you don't eat those, you will stunt your growth.
• It doesn't matter what you accomplish, I'll always be proud of you.
• I hope that when you grow up you'll have kids that are just like you! (Also known as the "Mother's Curse")
• Because I'm your mother that's why.
• This is why we can't have nice things.
• If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times.
• Eat your vegetables; those children in China (Africa, Vietnam) would be happy to have some broccoli to eat!
• If you fall out of that tree and break you leg, don't come running to me.
• "Cheer up, the worst is yet to come." Usually said in advance of grounding.
• Just wait till your father gets home.
• I've got eyes in the back of my head, that's how.
• Get that thing out of your mouth! (or nose)
• Just you wait until you have kids of your own - then you'll understand
• I slave for hours over a hot stove and this is the thanks I get?!
• Honestly... You'd lose your head if it wasn't screwed on!
• Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age.
• Who'll end up walking, bathing and feeding it...?
If you would like to know what else Mothers say why not ask AnswerBank Phrases and Sayings.