We have all heard our Mothers saying, or possibly shouting, these phrases to us over the years. How it rings true...
• Money does not grow on trees.
• Don't make that face or it'll stay that way.
• If I talked to my mother like you talk to me....
• Always change your underwear; you never know when you'll have an accident.
• Be careful or you'll put your eye out.
• What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?
• You have enough dirt behind those ears to grow potatoes!
• Close that door! Were you born in a barn?
• If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
• Don't put that in your mouth; you don't know where it's been!
• Be careful what you wish for, it might come true.
• Don't eat those; they will stunt your growth.
• If you don't eat those, you will stunt your growth.
• It doesn't matter what you accomplish, I'll always be proud of you.
• I hope that when you grow up you'll have kids that are just like you! (Also known as the "Mother's Curse")
• Because I'm your mother that's why.
• This is why we can't have nice things.
• If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times.
• Eat your vegetables; those children in China (Africa, Vietnam) would be happy to have some broccoli to eat!
• If you fall out of that tree and break you leg, don't come running to me.
• "Cheer up, the worst is yet to come." Usually said in advance of grounding.
• Just wait till your father gets home.
• I've got eyes in the back of my head, that's how.
• Get that thing out of your mouth! (or nose)
• Just you wait until you have kids of your own - then you'll understand
• I slave for hours over a hot stove and this is the thanks I get?!
• Honestly... You'd lose your head if it wasn't screwed on!
• Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age.
• Who'll end up walking, bathing and feeding it...?
If you would like to know what else Mothers say why not ask AnswerBank Phrases and Sayings.
12 mins ago
14 mins ago
30 mins ago
Quizzes & Puzzles
38 mins ago
Quizzes & Puzzles
43 mins ago
52 mins ago