Avatar Image jkz

water tank overflow

the water tank overflow has been leaking for 4 years into my garden what damage to property will this do
Can anyone tell me if my bathroom sink has been connected incorrectly the u-bend to low nd is clogged what dose this mean when water dose down th sink it makes a loud noise this is a councul property
01:37 Mon 10th Oct 2011
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by jkz. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

1 to 9 of 9

Ask the council to come and check it out.
Ball Cock appears to be faulty and needs replacing by Council Plumber.
Report it to Council Housing repairs Dept
...and why have you left it FOUR YEARS?
Exactly gingejbee, it should have been reported to Council straight away.
What a waste of water
Question Author
this has been reported to the council l would never of left a problem like this 4 years!! but what l need to know as l intend to make a claim is what damage to the property foundation with so much water and how the bathroom sink will affect this will have on my health if any
How can you make a claim for damages to the structure of the property when its not yours.
Would it not have been easier just to get it fixed ? If it is the old metal bar with a ball on the end style, a simple slight bend of the bar may have sorted it in minutes.
It's not your property so you have no claim for property damage to the structure.

Just because a bathroom sink 'gurgles', this would not cause a health issue. No idea if the sink has been plumbed in correctly, insufficient detail.
You make it sound like you are just looking to cause trouble to be honest, you want to claim against the council for the damage they may have caused to their own property!!

1 to 9 of 9

Related Questions

I have an immersion heater that I kept on all the time. The last time I ran a bath a few days ago the bathroom seemed to fill up with steam - I didn't think anything of it other than maybe it was...
I posted a question re the overflow on my cold water tank on 14.12.05. I followed the advice given but my cold water tank still overflows. The valve is new and I've bent the float arm downwards near...
ok so it's a new build with a reclaimed water tank in the loft the ball cock has broken twice now leading it to overflow outside the property through the overflow pipe each time I turn the supply off...
I have water dripping out of an overflow pipe. Its from the central heating header tank. Been up in the loft and noticed the ball valve is dripping. I couldnt make sense of the pipework - is the...
Water is coming from my son's overflow pipe on his expansion tank in his loft. I have checked in the loft and found the following. The float valve appears o.k but the expansion pipe that is above it...
How do I stop my overflow pipe dripping? It is a constant drip and as the water in the tank in the loft is warm I assume the water is somehow coming from the water tank in the house. How do I stop...

Latest posts