Who Owns PlusNet?

This is a broadband supplier but never heard of them. Their graphics look like Talk Talk though. Thanks.
15:36 Mon 11th Jan 2010

Androcles
Best Answer
Yes BT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plusnet
15:40 Mon 11th Jan 2010 Go To Best Answer

Dont know who owns them but i've ahd several broadband supplers and Plusnet have been the best
I think you'll find BT own them. I am with them and have been for a number of years - Excellent!
It's owned by BT

Which is a shame, as when they were an independent ISP they were one of the best in the country and were responsible several of the major innovations in the way the internet was used/accessed.
i have them and have nevr been disappointed
I'm with PlusNet. Only praise from me. Their online help feature was particularly useful - fast and accurate.
I found this which sums it all:-
http://www.btplc.com/...6A2B1EC3454&Terms=23.
I've found PlusNet good since I joined Aug '09, with brilliant Forums & good help from Plusnet staff but the consistency of service seems to rely on BT xchanges & their b'up. A weak link, I wonder?
it is owned by bt
it is owned by bt, they rippoff by pretending they are independent
ISTR that Plusnet is owned by BT
ISTR that Plusnet/Free-Online is owned by BT - they were bought out about 4/5 (?). Years ago although their "blurb" says that they are a Yorkshire company. I have been with Free-Online affiliate since the turn of the century I think and have few complaints.
I have just had a visit from a talktalk rep who assures me they own Plusnet. I have been with f9 (force9) who were originaly BT. They then became independant and ultimatly were taken over by Plusnet about 6 years ago. I have been very pleased with Plusnet but due to the cost I am thinking of changing over. Anyone out there got any advice reference TalkTalk.
I am in Central London. I used to be with talk talk. Then I noticed they had cut my download speed in half. It became ridiculous. So I switched ISPs to Plus Net. Now, after four or five months I find my download speed has plummeted. Everything is at a snails pace. Tonight I checked up online as to who really owns my ISP number. It is Talk Talk. They are up to their old tricks of cutting down broadband speeds to cut their costs. So all of you that think you are with a BT owned Plus Net,..forget it. You are with Talk Talk. And soon your speed will start to slow. Keep an eye out for how long pages take to download not what a speed test tells you.
To know the Owner of PlusNet(plus.net) website, visit http://www.whoisxy.com .
I was with PlusNet from 2002 to this year. They were very good, but the service has quickly deteriorated in 2013. My download speed went down from 5Mb/S to 1Mb/S and had numerous drop outs of service. Two engineers visited, not resolved; they got speeds of 14Mb/S, but as soon as they left back to 1MB/S! Owned by BT, and outsourcing service through Talk-talk wholesale. Not independent any more. I cancelled because of poor service and hit with £30 cessation charge; I disputed and they threatened debt collectors! Avoid.