tax rebate daughter has recently started her first job
part time she has not supplied a p45 to her employer
she works 20 hours a week...should she fill in a p46
because she is currently paying tax on her earnings
which are far less than the current personal allowance
thank you....
20:19 Tue 19th Apr 2011
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by royzart. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

1 to 2 of 2

Your daughter should complete a P46 immediately. Her employers should have requested one when she started her employment, or before her first pay day, in order for HMRC to issue her with a correct tax coding, otherwise they could also suffer a financial penalty.

Your daughter's employers are probably using the emergency code BR, which means that she is paying 20% on all her earnings, without any allowances being given. If she started work and was paid in the last tax year, she needs to get in touch with HMRC to claim a rebate.
As it's her first job, she won't have a P45 - you get that from a previous employer. She needs to complete a P46 immediately, so that the taxman can sort it out for her.

1 to 2 of 2

Related Questions

Avatar Image
Very good of them, sent me a text today that I have a Tax Rebate, be careful you all out there. they wanted my full bank Details.
First off, sorry if this is the wrong section. To cut a very long story short - this has been going on for over 2 months!! My hubby works for B & Q and since April has been on the wrong tax code. B &...
My husband gets a small private pension and works part time. He pays all of his tax on the salary. He recently found out that his tax codes were wrong and he is due a rebate. Question is: Does anyone...
Avatar Image
Tax makes me cry :( No, really! I rang HMRC earlier to try and get my tax code sorted as they've emergency taxed me for the last 3 months pay and I think I'm still owed some from previous pay. Since...
i sent off my P60's for the last 5 years to see whether i was entitled to a tax rebate on monday i received a letter saying i was entitled to ?339 rebate but this was not the final amount as they were...
My son had been on Jobseekers for 3 years then last year he was put on disability benefit. He told us that he's had a tax rebate but we're not sure he's not taken out a loan. My question is - would...

Latest posts