Savings Account for Children

Does anyone know of a Bank/Building Society or any other, that we could
open a Savings Account, for three Grandchildren without having to supply birth certificates and get their parents signatures. and are there any such accounts that I could open in my name for them.
18:36 Tue 24th Jan 2012
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by grannie39. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

1 to 2 of 2

There is no such thing now. They have to comply with the law, and th law stated that you must show proof. This is to stop anyone opening accounts in "grandchild name" to take advanage of no tax being deducted.
I had to get a note from my daughter and a birth certificate.
You could have a look at the NS and I childrens bonus bonds. And there's always Premium Bonds. Though whether you have to supply the above information I don't know.

1 to 2 of 2

Related Questions

My 6yr old has an account w Halifax. ?20 goes in every month by standing order from my bank account on behalf of the grandparents as they don't have an account. This account pays good interest however...
Hello, When i had my first son(6 years ag0),i got this £250 voucher , and then kept paying £10 in to this account monthly for about a year . Then i stopped as we had money trouble,and...
a grandparent set up a savings account for my children in their names for when they reached 18, due to family circumstances we no longer see this grandparent, he recently wrote to one of the...
I am trying to find out if there are any ways of identifying if an account is a child's trust fund or a savings account. Trying to pay some money into grandchild's account which I don't want them to...
I have 2 step children who are 13 and 14 who dont have any sort of bank account or savings account. They live far away from us and a lot of family send money through the post but are very wary of it...

Latest posts