Savings Account for Children

Does anyone know of a Bank/Building Society or any other, that we could
open a Savings Account, for three Grandchildren without having to supply birth certificates and get their parents signatures. and are there any such accounts that I could open in my name for them.
19:36 Tue 24th Jan 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by grannie39. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

There is no such thing now. They have to comply with the law, and th law stated that you must show proof. This is to stop anyone opening accounts in "grandchild name" to take advanage of no tax being deducted.
I had to get a note from my daughter and a birth certificate.
You could have a look at the NS and I childrens bonus bonds. And there's always Premium Bonds. Though whether you have to supply the above information I don't know.