Difference between biological and non biological washing powder

Im not sure what the difference is between biological and non biological washing powder. Is the biological one better for the environment? In terms of quality of wash and protection of colours which one of the two is the better one to use?
18:10 Sat 01st May 2010

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by filthiestfis. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Biological washing powder uses enzymes to dissolve stains like grass, blood and fat or grease
ok lillylemon...and?
don't use biological if you have sensitive skin
I dont have sensitive skin
Biological is harsher on clothes and on skin.
Non bio is better for the clothes especially dark clothes as it dosnt contain bleaching agents, whereas bio does and is better for whites.
I use non-bio, I believe it's better for our drains too.
ah...so biological is stronger and is ok for whites but tends to discolour? Is this the only difference in the powders then? Is it universally known that biological is more effective at cleaning? Is this why it is still being sold rather than just having non biological?
Yes, bio gets stains out of whites, where non dosnt do the same, and non is milder for the skin.
Nobody mentions bio gets rid of `skid marks` better.
I was told that biological POWDER is more effective at stain removal than gels or liquid,.....think Ethel told me that once........bless.....
I can't use bio powder because it brings me out in a rash. Non-bio def better for sensitive skin.