Why do my legs ache after a night of drinking alchohol?

08:27 Fri 29th Aug 2003

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by SaxyDan. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

sleeping wrong, long walk home, walking into things whilst drunk, alcoholic poisoning, blood poisoning (from walking into things whilst drunk), food poisoning from donner kebab you forgot you'd eaten, a good kicking you forgot you'd received - could be anything so please give more specifics i.e. any bruising? any localised pain? visual symptoms?
Well it is definately not an injury I've picked up through walking into things, being hit etc. I get it regardless of whether I walk home, or get a cab.I had eaten very little, only lunch. It affects mid-thigh to lower calf, and there are no visual symptoms. It feels like a dull ache and is mildly relieved on elevation of the said limbs...
Are you big for your height? (lets not beat about the bush - are you overweight?) is the pain more prominent in the knee? do you get pains in other joints (without good reason) - maybe not this time, but on other occasions? if yes then possibly gout, but wise to see a doctor anyway.
ps. not wise to drink on an empty stomach - eat a light meal (not a banquet for 4 otherwise no room for booze!) about an hour before
Thanks for the input, no Im the right weight for my height, I think I may have to see the Doc. Many Thanks.
Also get this if I have seriously overindulged (which, of course, is rare!) and would say its more of a cramp feeling. Non-deliberate trial and error points in my case to dehydration - something for you to look out for?
Don't want to worry you - but according to this link maybe you had better stop drinking :-(
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/neuro/archive/9813.h
tml
Did you get legless? Maybe they weren't put back on properly.
I always get achey legs too and have often wondered why! A hot bath usually sorts me out!
I dont get achy legs after a night on the lash but I would be interested in why I get hot feet and hands the next day?!! anyone else get that?
I often get quite severe pains in my legs after a particularly heavy night's drinking session. The pain is usually centred in my knees. I wonder whether it's dehydration? Certainly i don't think it's anything serious.