Bell's Palsy

I work in an office with about 150 people. In the last two years four people have been struck with Bell's Palsy. Is this not a very high proportion? I always thought it was a "it's just your luck" type of virus. Would there be any lifestyle/environment factors that would make you more susceptible?
19:45 Mon 13th Feb 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by albalass. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

The cause of Bell's Palsy is still not clear.
In the days of the steam engine it was said that the engine driver was prone to this condition as he leaned out of the engine to look for the signals and hence gets a blast of cold air........this was never substantiated.

There are no predisposing factors for Bell's Palsy as far as we know,