Has anyone ever

viewed their own medical records through their GP ? Was it easy to do and were there things in there that you werent exepecting to be ?
22:44 Tue 10th Jan 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Purple_Popple. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Yes I have, no they didn't make it particularly easy although it wasn't absurdly difficult and yes there was a lot I didnt expect to be there (I had gone looking for things relating to a head injury I had when I was very young) and came away a bit dismayed at the way a couple of Drs had percieved me over the years, which made me even more happy that I decided to do it.
Can you just go to your GP and ask to see your records?
it might cot you an admin fee you need to talk to your surgery
All the info on how you can view them here
http://www.nhs.uk/chq...=68&subcategoryid=160
I'd love to see mine, just for a laugh.

Asked patient how many units of alcohol she drank each week.

Patient replied, ooh, maybe ten or twelve.

Saw patient again, Asked patient how many units of alcohol, etc ...

Saw patient, etc ... ... ...
JJ - mine - do twins run in your family, me - no, you're having twins. After five minutes of crying, me - oh, hang on, I am a twin!
Can anyone else log into them ?
Just read my answer on your link Zac :)
Oh yes of course they can. I've just looked at yours. You really should get that sorted properly!
ha ha nice one Zac.
That's so funny sherrardk.
Hi Chrissa1 - obviously got nut case written on my notes.
not gp records, but i have viewed my hospital notes.
I asked to see mine, I could tell they were'nt used to people asking as they were all fingers and thumbs, they kept telling me it was a waste of time as I would'nt understand any of it.
I
(sorry was'nt finished)

I kept insisting and they then tried to put me off by a £10 charge. After some time they gave in.
You can only go back so far.
They never let me touch or read them, they read them to me which was a real insult.
No but when I was in hospital late last year one of the nurses left a copy of my hospital file by my bed ready for a doctor doing rounds.

I had a sneaky peak, was looking to be nosy to see if they had an ultrasound picture to show my gallstones (which landed me in hospital in the first place) to see what they looked like but they didn't so ended up looking at scan photos of my insides done previously which weren't as interesting as I thought they'd be.

One of the nurses said I needed to put them back before the doctor came as he wouldn't like it so I did as I didn't want to get any of them into trouble for leaving them.
If you could access your GP's file and hospital file, how far back would it go?
If you are elderley then surely they wouldn't go back to the day you were born.
I would love to see some information about something that happened to me about 46rs ago.