Sweating

This might seem like a silly question, but I find I don't need underarm deoderant these days. I'm a 58 year old man and I havn't had to use deoderant for a few years now. I don't do heavy manual work, nor do I work in a over-heated stuffy office any more, so maybe that has someting to do with it. In my 20's, 30's and 40's I had to use an aerosol or roll-on all the time.

Is it just something that I have "grown out of " ?
11:19 Wed 07th Mar 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by mikey4444. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

i think you have answered your own question. no heavy manual work. no over heated stuffy office, were you ever all the ones ? :)
I don't know, but I hope I do as well.
Is this a "general" inability to sweat or is it just an inability to sweat in the armpits.

If it is the latter............no big deal
If it is the former......male, aged 58, generalised inability to sweat....then i would think......underactive thyroid.

Hope this helps.
Funny you should ask that, my mum is 88 and has never used deodorant in her life and I have never smelt sweat on her. She says it's because she never started it in the first place. I am female but have noticed if I miss a day using it, it makes no difference any more.
So, you used ball-roll-on under your arms. That's where I went wrong.
Thanks everybody. Its not a problem, not using deoderant. Its just that I wanted to know if it was a general thing for someone my age.