Letterman Painting

I have a very retro painting, oil on canvas, beige, orange, brown swirl. It is signed Letterman, can anybody help me find out who he is & if he has done anymore paintings? I can send a jpg of it to you if you would like to see.
11:07 Sun 23rd Feb 2003

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by shanley. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

First Previous 3 4 5 6

Letterman was an actual name the artist Aintonette used to sign some of her work. She did not feel her work was good enough until two years ago she actually started using her own name. The himalayan cat paintings are all reproductions stolen from her and layered with chemicals to look original. The artist her self and a friend of hers in nyc has both originals. All others are fake. The originals are worth 3,500.00. All others are worth 500.00. I own a fake and i called the artist at her home and asked her about all the paintings.
I just (an hour ago) bought a Letterman at a thrift store for $39.99. I saw it, asked my hubby's opinion over phone and was told we really don't NEED a painting, left it, then went back and got it b/c it was just too gorgeous to leave behind! I even hung it up already so he can't help but love it...hahaha!!! It's 3 wood ducks flying out of a marsh. I think someone else mentioned this type of pic. "Letterman" is blocked but L doesn't extend beyond/under the "e". I don't know much about art, but it is painted, textured...also seems kinda perfect so the factory theory seems plausible. The background does have very fine hairline cracks though from age or handling though...would a factory silkscreen have these cracks? Did anyone ever make a website so we can all compare the paintings and signatures? Regardless of the background...very stunning art! Contact me if anyone wants to share pics! tomina205@yahoo.com
I just saw what i believe is the "blocked" signature with the L extended below....my signature is nothing like that. The signature on mine looks blocky but is signed with straight brush strokes and all caps.
I have a Letterman print of a Vase with Flowers for sale, here's the link:

http://www.blujay.com...d=3650479&cat=1040400
Vintage LETTERMAN ABSTRACT PAINTINGS HTF ACRYLIC
SIGNED "LETTERMAN"
THESE PAINTINGS WERE MASS PRODUCED IN THE 70s AND SOLD AT DEPT. STORES TO COMPLIMENT FURNITURE
THESE PAINTINGS ARE SOMEWHAT HARD TO FIND
COLORS ARE: BROWNS, TANS, WHITE AND NAVY BLUE
SOME ABSTRACT PATTERN LINES UP WHEN HUNG NEXT TO EACH OTHER
EXCELLENT PIECES FOR RETRO DECORATING!!
I also have a Letterman painting and had a hard time finding information on this artist.
well here is what i did find out after lots of looking.

Vintage LETTERMAN ABSTRACT PAINTINGS ACRYLIC
RETRO OF ACRYLIC PAINTINGS MARKED
"LETTERMAN"
THIS TRIO IS SOMEWHAT HARD TO FIND
BROWNS, TANS, WHITE AND NAVY BLUE
SOME ABSTRACT PATTERN THAT LINES UP WHEN HUNG NEXT TO EACH OTHER
EXCELLENT PIECES FOR RETRO DECORATING!!

check www.worthpoint.com/vintage-letterman good luck Ralph
anyone know value of the 5x4 sailboat oil print by Letterman
Hey dont kno if your still lookin but I have a wall size painting on canvas signed LETTERMAN also !! Ive had it for almost 20 yrs and kno nothing of this artist either . Did you ever have any luck ?? reply to mom4life@peoplepc.com I can send you a jpg also of mine. ty Becky Miller
i have one with three white geese in flight. The paint is raised. Black and white.
i just posted. Would love to know if anyone has this one. Seems sigs are different and in different places on the painting. Mine is block capitals lower right. I love my geese. Got it at a garage sale in Alaska 19 yrs ago for 50.00. Moved it with me to wa. Love it.
I too have a LETTERMAN Canvas Painting. Mine is of several black/brown trees with a large moon in the center. It is a 5 X4 Canvas. I purchased it an Estate Sale and the lady did not know much about it either. I have done research and have not found anyone that has the one I have. Can anyone give me information about this painting?
I was given one quite a few years back that came out of a duplex condominium near Beech Mountain, NC. It is a scene of a ski lift with riders on it going up the mountain. It is primarily black and dark blue but it also has the 3 dimensional appearance in pastel grey, mauve, and peach hues. It measures 59" X 49". I have yet to hear of anyone having one similar to it. If anyone knows of a website that is cataloging the works of Letterman I would like to know of it so that I may include this one. I would be happy to send you a photo of the painting as well if you would like to see it. Thanks ------ chrishelbing@hotmail.com
Mine is dk brown, light brown, tan, white, grey, lt blue... water with hills, and bare dark trees on both shores, and a large off center moon. Still haven't found out any more info. kimakamom@yahoo.com

First Previous 3 4 5 6