Young Teenage Author

In the early sixties in Australia I was a young teenager who loved books by a British author whose name escapes me. They were about children in English villages and the adventures they had together. The name Sutherland Ross (or similar) rings a bell but I can't find any reference to him on the internet. Does anyone remember who it could be?
01:27 Sat 11th Feb 2012

Aquariel
Best Answer
There's some books by a "Sutherland Ross" listed on Amazon, from the 1950s and 1960s, e.g. "Drum And Trumpet Sound", "Three Steps To Tyburn", "The Vagabond Treasure", "The Lazy Salmon Mystery". There's absolutely no story information listed though, so do these titles ring a bell at all?
02:18 Sat 11th Feb 2012 Go To Best Answer

..not Arthur Ransome,then..?
That's the author. Didn't think to look in Amazon. Thanks
who is the Author,please?
It's not Enid Blyton's is it? She wrote the Famous Five series, also the Secret Seven stories.