rabbit has swollen neck

hello all. my rabbit has a swelling under his chin, it looks like a fluid related swelling. it seems to come and go, but he eats and drinks as normal and seems fine in himself. any ideas please. si
11:03 Sat 03rd Jan 2009

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by sipukka. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Really hope I'm totally wrong here but I think that myxomatosis can sometimes begin witjh lumps and swellings round head area. We used to keep rabbits many years ago and that did happen to ours. However it is probably something harmless and I do hope so...someone more knowledgeable than myself will post I'm sure. Best wishes!
I would take him to the vet if you are at all worried. Small animals like rabbits, hamsters etc often don't show outwardly that they are feeling unwell - a hang-over from the wild when showing illness or weakness would probably mean being eaten by a predator. A vet could put your mind at rest. Hope he's OK.