Avatar Image jkz

sick dog

HELP I HAVE A TEN-YEAR-OLD AMERICAN COCKER SPANIEL FOR THREE DAYS HE HAS BEEN SICK AND VERY BAD
DIARRHEA. HE IS UNABLE TO EAT BUT WANTS LOTS OF WATER BUT THEN HE IS SICK ONLY BILE BUT HAS A FLUID LIKE JELLY CLEAR COMING FROM HIS MOUTH ALL THE TIME. I HAVE BEEN TO EMERGENCY VETS TODAY AT 9.30AM AND WAS TOLD THEY SEE LOTS OF UPSET STOMACH COMPLAINTS IN THIS WEATHER AND TO GIVE A SMALL AMOUNT OF WATER EVER HALF HOUR AND MAKE APPOINTMENT IN SUGERY HOURS ON MONDAY HE WAS GIVEN ANTIBIOTIC INJECTION AND ALSO SOMETHING TO STOP THE SICKNESS. I POINTED OUT TO THEM HE HAS UNDER ACTIVE THYROID PROBLEM WOULD THE INJECTION BE OK AND ALSO THAT MY OTHER DOG WHO IS WITH HIM 24/7 HAS NO PROBLEMS AND EATS THE SAME FOOD .AT 3PM MY DOG IS NOT MOVING AND SHALLOW BREATHING AT 16.25PM I CALLED THE VETS AND WAS TOLD AS LONG AS HE IS ABLE TO STAND AND WALK THAT IS OK. BUT I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THERE DIAGNOSIS AS HE HAS DISCHARGE YELLOW THICK COMING FROM EARS AND NOISE SO I HAVE AGAIN CALLED AT 18.14PM AND WAS TOLD NOTHING CAN DO UNTIL TOMORROW I SAID HAVE YOU IDENTIFIED THE ILLNESS CORRECTLY AS HE HAS DIFFICULTY BREATHING THEY SAID ONLY CALL AGAIN IF THE BREATHIN BECOMES A PROBLEM AS I RIGHT TO THINK THERE IS MORE THAN A UPSET STOMACH PROBLEM?
19:14 Sun 04th Jul 2010

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by jkz. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

2nd opinion immediately - don't delay - go to another vet now
absolutely - go somewhere else, ring another vet's now.
Your dog is showing symptoms of kidney failure - get him to a vet as soon as possible.
Well im hoping you have been to a vet by now, what was the out-come?
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HAS ASKED QUESTION REF MY DOG WITH DIARRHEA VOMITING AND YELLOW DISCHARGE FROM NOISE. I WENT BACK TWICE SINCE WEEKEND TO VETS TO BE TOLD DIFFERENT THINGS TO FIND OUT THIS MORNING THAT HE HAS EXTREME KIDNEY FAILURE SO HE WAS TAKEN IN THIS AFTERNOON AND PUT ON DRIP AND IF ALL GOES WELL I WILL HAVE HOME 2/3 DAYS ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU FOR ALL ANSWERS
Good luck, drop the capitals
sounds quite similar to what one of my dogs was like last year, vet thought it was leptospirosus ( rat wee}. she only lasted a week, check for yellow eyes and pail gums, mt other dog was fine and they were with each other 24/7. dont want to panic you but i would def, get a 2nd opinion NOW