Types of plum - bullice (sp)?

is there a type of plum called 'bullice'? (not sure on spelling!)

A friend reckons they make jam with them.
19:45 Fri 10th Aug 2007
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by LorraineW77. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

1 to 6 of 6

Yup, I have heard of them. Plums of any sort make brill jam
Question Author
is the spelling correct - BULLICE?
-- answer removed --
You can use them to make bullace gin (same method as sloe gin) as well as making jam with them.
The Bullace can be either a blue-black fruit, bigger than a sloe but smaller than a damson or also a yellow-green fruit, but smaller than the domestic greengage.

Both can often be found in hedgerows near gardens and orchards and are thought to be escapes from cultivated fruit trees.
Question Author
Thanks everyone!!

1 to 6 of 6

Latest posts